What is a Precision Metal Fabricator?
A precision metal fabricator cuts, bends, forms and assembles precise metal parts. Like piecing together a puzzle, the fabricator produces specialized components at very high tolerances, for products such as medical devices and aerospace parts.
Precision Metal Fabricators:
- Read blue print drawings to know how to correctly cut, bend, form and assemble the metal part
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using math and instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Fabricate the part using machine tools such as punch press, press brakes, saws, bending and forming tools, shapers or grinders
- Set up and program high-tech cutting machines to make the part
- Measure, examine and test completed parts to ensure it matches the specifications
Precision Metal Fabricator: Program Outline
A long-term career with a good salary, job advancement opportunities and the chance to work with your hands and cutting edge technology.
Become a Precision Metal Fabricator through AJAC’s apprenticeship program. Get paid while learning on the job and attend classes only one night a week! To find out how you can become an apprentice and launch your career in aerospace or manufacturing, visit AJAC’s Get Started Section.