Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) Training
The Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) developed a two-day training called Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) to help job-seekers navigate their career in the aerospace and advanced manufacturing industries through workshops focusing on soft skills, technical skills, and job-readiness for entry-level work.
Upon completion of the AMP Training, attendees will be eligible to enroll in AJAC’s pre-apprenticeship program, the Manufacturing Academy, or they may be encouraged to begin working in industry and become an AJAC apprentice in occupations including Industrial Manufacturing Technician, Machinist or Industrial Maintenance Technician. For individuals not be ready to begin a pre-apprenticeship or apprenticeship program, there will be navigation services offered to better address your career pathway. Attendees will receive a certificate of completion after day-two of the training.
Through completion of the AMP Training, you will develop the following:
- Environmental awareness of manufacturing
- Worker rights and safety
- Diversity in the workplace
- Employee responsibility and commitments
- Absenteeism and action plans
- Retaining employment and progressing your career
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Resume and cover letter
- Mock interview skills with local employers
- Shop mathematics
- Tool usage
- Precision measurement and fractions
Knowledge of Industry:
- In-depth understanding of pre-apprenticeship vs. registered apprenticeship
- Develop knowledge on aerospace and advanced manufacturing industries
- Determine job opportunities with local employers
How Do I Get Started?
You MUST complete our online application to enroll in the AMP Training. Each two-day training is held at the following locations from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.:
- South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus in Seattle, WA:
- September 11-12, 2017
- November 7-8, 2017
- January 22-23, 2018
- March 26-27, 2018
- Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus in Tacoma, WA:
- August 14-15, 2017
- October 16-17, 2017
- December 18-19, 2017
- February 26-27, 2018
- April 30 – May 1, 2018
To enroll in our Advanced Manufacturing Prep training, complete our online application here.
Questions? Please Contact: Derek Jones | 206-737-8347 | email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer.