Earn While You Learn: Qualify for Advanced Manufacturing Jobs Through Classroom Instruction and Paid Internship
The Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), South Seattle College, the Workforce Development Center of Seattle King-County, Orion Industries and Skills Inc., have partnered together to offer the Manufacturing Academy’s first-ever paid manufacturing internship.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- 5 weeks of un-paid classroom instruction plus 8 weeks of paid internship at a local advanced manufacturing company
- Develop skills to succeed in the industry including: effective communication, resume writing, math, interviewing and job application assistance, Blueprint Reading, Lean, Inspection, OSHA, CPR Certification and more!
- Gain exclusive opportunities with local aerospace manufacturers
- Obtain insight about career pathways; including education and apprenticeship opportunities
- Earn college credits
- Receive hands-on training from industry professionals
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts 2017
Where?: Auburn, WA (Exact location TBD)
How do I get started?:
You MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Age: 18 or older
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Dislocated worker
Final selection for participation based on additional assessment.
To Apply: Please contact one of the following:
- Tracey Turcotte | 206-456-8860 | firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS –
It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. The Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Telecommunications Relay System, 800.833.6384 or 7-1-1.