Get Trained in 11 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication!
In Mount Vernon, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) and WorkSource Skagit are offering the Manufacturing Academy, a No Cost, full-time, 11-week pre-apprenticeship program. The Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as, Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits through Skagit Valley College
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, etc.
- Learn effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in Manufacturing Basics, CPR/First Aid, OSHA, Flagging, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts 2017.
Where?: 1026 B Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon, WA
You MUST meet the following qualifications:
- Age: 18 or older
- Eligible to work in the United States
Final selection for participation based on additional assessment.
How to Apply?: Call Catherine Kennedy at WorkSource Skagit at 360-416-3516 or Email Catherine today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. WorkSource is an equal-opportunity partnership of organizations that provide employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to people with disabilities.