Get Trained in 11 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Industrial Maintenance, Machining or Precision Metal Fabrication!
In Monroe, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) and WorkSource are offering the Manufacturing Academy (MA), a FREE, full-time, 11-week pre-apprenticeship program. The MA will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as, Industrial Maintenance, Machining or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn 17 college credits and a Manufacturing Basics Short-Term Certificate through a local community college
- Develop knowledge and experience with: basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, pneumatics and hydraulics, lifting and rigging.
- Learn: effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in: Manufacturing Basics I & II, CPR/First Aid, OSHA-30, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with: local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts 2017.
Where?: WorkSource Monroe, 17150 W Main St., Suite B, Monroe, WA
How do I get started?:
You MUST meet ALL of the following criteria to qualify:
- Laid off or separated from last job due to no fault of your own AND eligible, collecting, or exhausted unemployment insurance benefits (You are not eligible if you have quit, even if you are collecting unemployment insurance benefits)
- Unemployed for 27 consecutive weeks or longer, OR within 7 weeks of unemployment insurance benefits exhaustion
- Previous occupation is in decline locally, unless due to a closure (You can find this information on the Washington State Employment Security Department website)
How to Apply: Email AJAC today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. Workforce Snohomish is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability, WA Relay 711.