Get Trained in 10 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Industrial Maintenance, Machining or Precision Metal Fabrication!
In Monroe, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) and WorkSource are offering the Manufacturing Academy (MA), a NO COST, full-time, 10-week pre-apprenticeship program. The MA will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as, Industrial Maintenance, Machining or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Develop knowledge and experience with: basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, pneumatics and hydraulics, lifting and rigging.
- Learn: effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in: Manufacturing Basics I & II, CPR/First Aid, OSHA-30, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with: local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts January 23rd.
Where?: WorkSource Monroe, 17150 W Main St., Suite B, Monroe, WA
How do I get started?:
You MUST meet ALL of the following criteria to qualify:
- An eligible participant must be laid-off from their last job through no fault of their own and eligible, collecting or exhausted unemployment benefits.
- Job of dislocation must be in decline.
- Not qualified if you quit your last job.
- Basic math skills are required.
- You MUST attend an information session. Dates and times of info sessions are listed below:
- WorkSource Monroe
- Jan. 3rd: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Jan. 12th: 8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
- Jan. 17th: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- WorkSource Everett
- Jan. 6th: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Jan. 13th: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Jan. 18th: 10:00 a.m. – NOON
- WorkSource Lynnwood
- Jan. 4th: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Jan. 11th: 8:15 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Jan. 18th: 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- WorkSource Monroe
Questions? Please Contact: Christna Sivewright , WorkSource Monroe | 425-258-6331 | CSivewright@esd.wa.gov
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY—EQUAL ACCESS— It is the mission of the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) that training shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, dis-ability, sexual orientation, veteran status or as otherwise specified by law. WorkSource is an equal-opportunity partnership of organizations that provide employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to people with disabilities. Washington Relay Service: 711