Get Trained in 10 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication!
In Tacoma, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), and Bates Technical College offer the Manufacturing Academy, a FREE, full-time, 10-week pre-apprenticeship program. The Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, etc.
- Learn effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in CPR/First Aid, OSHA, Flagging, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts this October, 2016.
Time?: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where?: 1101 S. Yakima Ave., Building B, room W-109, Tacoma, WA 98405
How do I get started?: Please contact Brian Ballah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-737-8340
You MUST attend one of the following info sessions prior to enrollment. Info sessions are held at Bates Technical College, Building B, Room M107 (1101 South Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98405):
- September 20, 2016: 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- September 29, 2016: 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Language services for clients are provided free of charge. WA Relay Services: 1-800-833-6384.