Get Trained in 12 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication!
In Tacoma, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), and Bates Technical College offer the Manufacturing Academy, a NO COST*, full-time, 12-week pre-apprenticeship program. The Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, etc.
- Learn effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in CPR/First Aid, OSHA, Flagging, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts January 23, 2017 to April 11, 2017
Time?: 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where?: Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus | Building B, Room W-109 | 1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405
How do I get started?: You MUST attend one of the following information sessions prior to enrollment:
- Tuesday, January 10th
- 3:00 p.m. at Bates Technical College – South Campus (Room E104)
- Tuesday, January 17th
- 1:00 p.m. at Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus (Room A222)
Questions? Please Contact: Daniel Hughes | email@example.com | 253-973-8942
*This training is at no cost for eligible participants. Eligibility requirements will be discussed at the info sessions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) that training shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or as otherwise specified by law. Bates Technical College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in its programs and activities in accordance with college policy, and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Bates publications are available in alternate formats upon request by contacting the Disability Support Services Office at 253.680.7010. Inquiries regarding Bates’ non-discriminatory policies, including Title IX and ADA, should be directed to: For student matters, the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Student Success at 253.680.7105, Downtown Campus A211. For employee matters, the Director of Human Resources at 253.680.7180, Downtown Campus A326.