Get Trained in 8 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing!
In Tacoma, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), and Bates Technical College offer the Manufacturing Academy, a NO COST*, full-time, 8-week pre-apprenticeship program. The Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as Machining, Industrial Maintenance Technician or Industrial Manufacturing Technician.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment, blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied manufacturing math, etc.
- Learn effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Gain certifications in CPR/First Aid, OSHA 10, Flagging, Forklift and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Starts October 18, 2017
Time?: 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Where?: Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus | Building B, Room W-109 | 1101 S. Yakima Ave., Tacoma, WA 98405
Where can I learn more information?
AJAC will host an open house once every two weeks to provide students an opportunity to learn more about AJAC, Manufacturing Academy and registered apprenticeship. Open houses will be held from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus in Building A, Room 222. Open house dates will be posted soon!
How do I get started?
- (Optional) Attend an on open house to learn more about AJAC, pre-apprenticeship training and funding eligibility requirements. Open houses are currently held at the Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus (Building A, Room 222) during the following times:
- September 26th: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- September 28th: 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
(Required) Attend AJAC’s two-day Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) training which will provide:
- Knowledge into advanced manufacturing pathways – including Manufacturing Academy and AJAC’s adult apprenticeship programs
- An overview of advanced manufacturing from an insider’s perspective
- Industry-ready soft skills training
- Resume and cover letter writing from industry experts
- Mock interviews with participating employers
- An opportunity to pre-qualify for program funding and human services
- Drug screening
- Advanced Manufacturing Prep certificate of completion
You MUST attend AJAC’s two-day Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) training prior to enrollment. Each two-day training is held from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at Bates Technical College – Downtown Campus in Building A, Room 222. To learn more about the AMP training, including upcoming dates, please go here.
To enroll in our Manufacturing Essentials training, submit your application here.
Questions? Please Contact: Derek Jones | 206-737-8347 | email@example.com
*This training is at no cost for eligible participants. Please contact Derek Jones to learn more about eligibility requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) that training shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or as otherwise specified by law. Bates Technical College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in its programs and activities in accordance with college policy, and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Bates publications are available in alternate formats upon request by contacting the Disability Support Services Office at 253.680.7010.