Youth Apprenticeship Webinar & PowerPoint
Washington STEM, Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) and AJAC gave a joint presentation on all-things Youth Apprenticeship during a live webinar on June 26, 2017. Josie Bryan and Jody Robbins from L&I gave a comprehensive background on the apprenticeship system including how youth fit into the equation and the standards with which they are governed by.
AJAC’s Deputy Director, Shannon Matson spoke in length about AJAC’s Production Technician program which kicked off in January 2017 in the Tacoma Public School District. Shannon included the importance of identifying an occupation, how to engage employers, creating a committee and the balance between structured on-the-job training and college-level classroom instruction. A special thanks to Gilda Wheeler of Washington STEM for allowing AJAC to talk about our Youth Apprenticeship program!
View the PowerPoint here.
AJAC, July 7, 2017
<< Back to AJAC Blog
CATEGORIESAerospace, AJAC, Apprenticeship, High School, Video, Youth Apprenticeship
- Manufacturing Day 2017: Opening Doors for the Next Generation
- Meet Derek, AJAC's New Workforce Development Coordinator
- Manufacturing Academy Teaches Job-Ready Skills to Juvenile Rehabilitation Administration Students
- Meet Our New Business Developer - Erin Williams!
- AJAC Celebrates the Class of 2017