Get Trained in Just 10 Weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing!
In Seattle, WA, The Manufacturing Academy (MA) is a joint program of South Seattle College and the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) designed for entry-level and reentering professionals wanting to update and expand their skill set in the world of diversified and advanced manufacturing. The MA is recognized by the State of Washington Labor and Industry as one of only 12 officially recognized pre-apprenticeships in the state.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn 19 college credits through South Seattle College
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, machining, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment
- Gain experience with blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied math, and more
- Learn effective communication, and important job finding skills like resume writing and interviewing
- Obtain certifications in Manufacturing Basics, CPR/First Aid, OSHA, Flagging, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class Begins September 17, 2018.
Where?: South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus | Building A | Seattle, WA
How do I get started?
You MUST attend AJAC’s two-day Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) training prior to enrollment. Each two-day training is held from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the South Seattle College – Georgetown Campus in Seattle, WA. To learn more about the AMP training, including upcoming dates, please go here.
To enroll in our Advanced Manufacturing Prep training, complete our online application here.
Questions? Please Contact: Derek Jones | 206-737-8347 | email@example.com
Final selection for participation based on additional assessment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. WorkSource is an equal-opportunity partnership of organizations that provide employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to people with disabilities.