AJAC Featured in Port of Seattle’s “Equity Index”
The Equity Index was established to develop equity-based partnerships and provide resources and support in the most vulnerable, underfunded communities in King County. With the Equity Index, the Port employs a data-driven approach to understanding environmental inequities and socioeconomic factors, using that data to inform decision-making.
The following is an example of a project that the Port is currently involved in to help address inequities and challenges in our community. Demetria “Lynn” Strickland, Executive Director of the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) shares thoughts about her organization’s partnership with the City of Kent and Port of Seattle to develop the Manufacturing Employee Retention Program through the Port’s Economic Development Partnership Program.
AJAC, September 17, 2021
<< Back to AJAC Blog
CATEGORIESAJAC, WorkForce Development
- Workforce Training Remains Top Priority During Employer Roundtable
- Washington State Invests $3.8 Million in Aerospace Apprenticeship Expansion—AJAC Awarded $1.3 Million
- MFG Day 21 with Pexco Aerospace
- Berry Global Youth Internship Program
- AJAC Featured in Port of Seattle's "Equity Index"