Get Trained in Just 11 Weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication !
In Bellingham, WA, the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC), Northwest Workforce Council, WorkSource Whatcom and Bellingham Technical College offer a no cost, full-time, 11-week pre-apprenticeship program known as the Manufacturing Academy. The Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for entry-level jobs in advanced manufacturing occupations such as, Machining, Industrial Maintenance or Precision Metal Fabrication.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits through Bellingham Technical College
- Develop knowledge and experience with basic hand tools, composites, metal fabrication, assembly, sheet metal, metal forming, precision measuring tools and major manufacturing equipment
- Gain experience with blueprint reading, industrial safety, job planning, basic electrical, physics, applied math, and more
- Learn effective communication, and important job finding skills like resume writing and interviewing
- Obtain certifications in Manufacturing Basics, CPR/First Aid, OSHA, Flagging, Forklift and Lean principles
- Connect with local aerospace and manufacturing employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Manufacturing Academy Class begins July 25, 2016.
Where?: Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, WA
How do I get started?:
You MUST meet the following qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Additional eligibility criteria explained at info session.
You MUST attend one of the following info sessions. Sessions are held at WorkSource Whatcom.
- June 20th – 3 p.m.
- June 21st – 10 a.m.
- June 27th – 3 p.m.
- June 28th – 10 a.m.
- July 5th – 10 a.m.
- July 11th – 3 p.m.
- July 12th – 10 a.m.
- July 18th – 3 p.m.
Final selection for participation based on additional assessment.
How to Apply?: Call Carla Conforto at WorkSource Whatcom at 360-676-3220 or email Carla today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of AJAC that the training of apprentices shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or as otherwise specified by law. AJAC also encourages women, minorities and veterans to apply with their employer. WorkSource is an equal-opportunity partnership of organizations that provide employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to people with disabilities.