Summer 2020 – Spring 2021
Why Choose AJAC?
As Washington State’s largest non-profit advanced manufacturing training organization, AJAC has built a network of employers, community-based organizations, community and technical colleges, social service providers, and local governments to grow and sustain our training programs statewide.
AJAC has developed and implemented over 12 high-growth, in-demand apprenticeship occupations to serve a variety of demographics, industries, and companies across the state since our founding. AJAC serves approximately 400 apprentices per year at over 300 companies statewide.
AJAC’s strives to provide exceptional and responsive apprenticeships, innovative supporting signature training with cutting-edge curriculum and highly effective trade’s trainers. AJAC offers a method for transferring the breadth and depth of knowledge and skills between generations of the workforce, thus promoting the value of contributing to the next generation.
As a Workforce Intermediary, AJAC’s Competitive Advantage is:
- Industry-Led: Representing the collective voice of member employers to the state’s K-16 education and workforce development systems.
- Community-Supported: Partnering with community organizations and funders to multiply the state’s workforce investments.
- Dynamic and Nimble: Responding to new funding, program and partnership opportunities.
- Equity-Driven: Recruiting, preparing, and training low-income job seekers, young adults, women and persons of color for manufacturing careers.
- Career-Focused: Designing and delivering workplace-based training in manufacturing career paths through a customer-facing approach that matches the needs of employers, workers, and job-seekers.
- Results-Based: Introducing, creating, and exploring data sets that help drive best practices and disseminating findings to the broader workforce development community.
- Systems-Oriented: Connecting K-16, public workforce and social service systems, employers and labor increasing access to economic opportunities for Washington State residents.