On-the-Job Training + College-Level Classes
AJAC’s stackable apprenticeships offer job seekers and incumbent workers an opportunity to advance their skill development from one level to the next. Credentials earned in AJAC’s programs can accumulate over time to fast-track an apprentice’s career pathway to greater employment opportunities and higher paying jobs.
Launch Your Career Today!
Benefits of Apprenticeship
AJAC’s apprenticeship programs include 93% paid on-the-job training plus 7% college-level classroom instruction.
AJAC’s apprentices receive the following benefits throughout the program:
- Work full-time while receiving 1:1 mentorship from industry professionals
- Attend an AJAC class only one-night a week for four hours. No class during summer quarter.
- Earning a livable wage plus benefits
- Earning college credit towards an Associate’s Degree that can turn into a four-year degree
- Only pay half of the tuition costs associated with the college credit attached to each program.
- Advance more rapidly than other workers — high-paying jobs come more quickly
- Receive a nationally-recognized journey-level credential from the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.
As an AJAC apprentice, you will receive on-the-job training (OJT) at an approved AJAC Training Agent (employer facility) and take classes one night per week at a community/technical college.
Upon completion of the program (typically two to five years), an apprentice receives a Journey-Level Certificate that is nationally recognized in their chosen trade.
To find out how you can become an apprentice and launch your career in advanced manufacturing, visit AJAC’s Get Started Section.