Get Trained in 10 weeks for Entry-Level Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing!
The Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) is offering a new Manufacturing Academy (MA) training for opportunity youth 16-24 years old this Winter Quarter at Renton Technical College. Manufacturing Academy is a ten-week, recognized apprenticeship preparation program that provides numerous industry-recognized credentials, and up to 22 college credits. The program includes safety training, manufacturing basics, manufacturing math, hands-on learning projects, employer tours, connections to next-step jobs and education pathways, and a new portfolio process that can provide up to 3 additional high school credits for students also pursuing a high school diploma. We are striving to make the program tuition free for all students, and plan to connect eligible students to financial aid resources such as BFET, Worker Retraining, and WIOA.
Additionally, the Manufacturing Academy will give you the technical hands-on training and certifications you need to apply for an entry-level job in advanced manufacturing occupations such as Machining, Industrial Maintenance Technician or Industrial Manufacturing Technician.
As a Manufacturing Academy student you will:
- Earn college credits
- Develop skills in basic measuring, precision, measuring, blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), computer-aided-design (CAD), riveting, soldering, sheet metal forming and basic machining (both CNC and conventional).
- Grow your knowledge of tools including drill press, bench grinders, pneumatic hand tools, dial indicators, micrometers, claimers, soldering irons, height gauge, bore gauge, band saws, CNC laser cutter, conventional mill and lathe machines.
- Become certified in first-aid/CPR, OSHA-10, lean manufacturing, and forklift.
- Gain confidence in shop math including basic math, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Learn effective communication, resume writing and interviewing skills
- Tour local aerospace and advanced manufacturing companies and connect with employers regarding potential career opportunities
When?: The Next Renton Manufacturing Academy Class is January 3, 2019
Time?: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where?: Renton Technical College | Building F | 3000 NE 4th St, Renton, WA 98056
How do I get started?
(Required) Attend AJAC’s two-day Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) training which will provide:
- Knowledge into advanced manufacturing pathways – including Manufacturing Academy and AJAC’s adult apprenticeship programs
- An overview of advanced manufacturing from an insider’s perspective
- Industry-ready soft skills training
- Resume and cover letter writing from industry experts
- Mock interviews with participating employers
- An opportunity to pre-qualify for program funding and human services
- Drug screening
- Advanced Manufacturing Prep certificate of completion
You MUST attend AJAC’s two-day Advanced Manufacturing Prep (AMP) training prior to enrollment. Each two-day training is held from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Renton Technical College. To learn more about the AMP training, including upcoming dates, please go here.
To enroll in our Advanced Manufacturing Prep training, submit your application here.
Questions? Please Contact: Derek Jones | 206-737-8347 | firstname.lastname@example.org
*This training is at no cost for eligible participants. Please contact Derek Jones to learn more about eligibility requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY – EQUAL ACCESS – It is the mission of the Aerospace Joint Apprenticeship Committee (AJAC) that training shall be without discrimination based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or as otherwise specified by law.