Maximize Your Mentoring Effectiveness
Having a structured mentorship system is a key component of an effective workforce development strategy. Never has this been more critical than today, with the vast numbers of workers moving to retirement and a broad base of young diverse workers joining the workforce — particularly in the manufacturing sector where 93% of learning takes place on the job.
Targeted at experienced workers, this 2 hour workshop provides late-term apprentices, journey level workers, foremen and above with the leadership skills, strategies and essential tools to mentor and effectively transfer their knowledge and skills to new workers and apprentices on the job site.
- Understand the responsibilities of a mentor and on-the-job leader and create a safe environment for new workers to practice their skills
- Learn the six-step approach to teaching skills that includes techniques for demonstrating, evaluating and providing feedback, including intergenerational communication strategies
- Improve skills transference and productivity of apprentices and new workers
- Receive a certificate of completion
Next Free Online Mentorship Matters Training:
- Date: Thursday, December 3rd
- Time: 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cost: Free to all participants